BG

Friday 7 November 2014

Social Media rehab

Hey guys!=)

how have all of you been? hehe Thanksgiving is around the corner and im soooo excited!!!

how about you? what will you be doing for thanksgiving this year?

well, judging from my blog title " Social Media Rehab ", can you guess what is all is about?=)


heheh soooo, i suspended my phoneline 3 months ago and i have been living my social media life only when there are WiFi around.

one might asked, "why would i wanna suspend my line?"


hmmmm....allow me to explain myself and how this rehab program comes about.=)


Have you?


have you ever gotten fustrated when your phone 3g/4g couldn't work and you couldn't get onto any social media platform?


have you missed your bus-stop or mrt stations while gaming, posting up comments on facebook, twitting or instagram-ing?


are you one of those, whom will start to listen to your mp3 player the moment you step out of your home?


are you one of those, who will use your mobile while chatting or dining with your family and friends?


are you one of those who will be busy watching videos of cute animals online, and missed out on adoring your actual pet?

you see... i am one of those who had become soooo overly obesse with social media, that it kinda took a toll on my interaction oppotunities with my love ones, and i didn't realise how much i had missed out until it was pointed out to me by my hubby=) and i have decided i need to do something about this obession.

"How does it works?"

the first thing i've done was to suspend my line temporarily, so i can only be contacted when there is WiFi, and honestly even thou you might say singapore has got hotspot everywhere, trust me when i say " nope, it isnt that easy to get wifi especially if you are out in the train station or bus stop or on the street."



i will spend those few mins or hours without wifi, observing the people around me, the scenery around me, appreciating nature's beauty, listening to the person i am interacting with, giving them 100% of my attention and most importantly, going the extra mile to make an effort to have a fruitful conversation=)

"but why the extreme measure as to suspend the mobile phone line?"

One of the main reason was, i have realised that most people would message me via wassapp or facebook instead of calling me via my mobile line, and with that i've decided to suspend my mobile line until further notice. i wanna go back to the times where smart mobile phones weren't invented yet...that was say...in the 80s=)

i do miss the times where letters and pager were some of the alternative communcating tools, when i would arrange meetup with my friend the day before and both my friend and i would turn up puntually at our location.

I miss chatting.

Do you?


 
I am a lot happier now, i have learn to strike a balance between my personal space and social media life=)
in fact, i'm learning to appreciate my own paces, without being rush or influence by the peeps around, and that alone, makes me a healthier and more vibrant person to be around with.=)



"Take sometimes off, look up and breathe my friends." - #imiqq

hehe till then, my friends =)

Lots of love!

Miqq

























No comments:

Post a Comment